Monday, December 21, 2009

Why I like Christmas

WOW! If you missed Sunday you will have to go back and view it.

Click Here. http://www.breathoflifechurch.com/lamb_living_at_my_best

Isaiah 9:6 K.J.V.

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I love Christmas. I enjoy all the lights, Christmas parties and oh... gotta love those cookies. This can be the best time of year. They show great Christmas movies and spending quality time with the ones you love the most can't compare.

Today I want to encouarge you. Even if you haven’t had such a good year; maybe you didn't have the money to spend on gifts that you really wanted to get. Possibly, your loved ones are not able to be with you this week. I want you to focus on the "The reason for the season". Don't simply look at it as a time to give gifts. While that does make it beautiful, it's not the beauty of of Christmas. Maybe you are in a position, where money available is reserved for bills, food, clothing and other essentials. Instead of looking at it from a natural perspective I encourage you to focus on "the gift" of Jesus. He is the life giver, He will provide and all the gifts are opened He is the gift that remains.

Here are a few reasons I love Christmas

  1. I love to celebrate the birth of Jesus
  2. I love all the sweets and pastries that are made
  3. I love spending time, relaxing with my family - nothing like family time
  4. I love to see the festive light and decorations, resembling Christ being the light of the world
  5. I love Christmas Carols
  6. I love giving gifts: 1st the gift of Jesus 2nd gifts to each other

Comment back and let me know what your reason you like Christmas.

God Bless,

Pastor Mark

1 comment:

  1. Why I love Christmas: I love anytime that celebrates Christ - the beauty of history which is "his" "story" is simply amazaing. I love the GREAT Christmas pricing, festive colors, lights, cheer - I wish it was Christmas all year. But then again I LOVE to give. It just makes me happy, the bible says blessed I describe it as a happy sensation. I love to see my kids faces light up. There are too many reasons to list - but I love Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete