Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Shift

If you have ever driven a standard, you know that shifting is necessary to slow down or speed up. You can grind the gears if someone does not know how to shift the gears. In life we must know how to shift the gears with grinding them.

When it comes to our relationships, economic status, and emotions, we have to know when to shift. Every time Jesus was talking to the disciples, He would shift the gears. He would say something like this:

John 21:15-17 (New Living Translation)

After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” Peter replied, “you know I love you.”

“Then feed my lambs,” Jesus told him.

16 Jesus repeated the question: “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

“Yes, Lord,” Peter said, “you know I love you.”

“Then take care of my sheep,” Jesus said.

17 A third time he asked him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, “Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Then feed my sheep.

The first two replies by Peter was a basic response of friendship. It was not until the third time Peter responded with the correct love. Jesus had positioned a shift. Peter became hurt and angry because he was not shifting. This is the same way in our life. God begins to speak to us to do something and we do it in the same gear we did something else. We like Peter become angry, hurt, disappointed, frustrated, and even to the point of giving up. The reason is because we did not shift the gears. What He is asking us to do requires us to shift the gears.

I want to encourage you today to shift the gears. Move toward God's plan, purpose, and destiny in your lives.

Blessings,

Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment