Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hungry

It's Wednesday and only two more work days left. Some people live for Friday, others live for the weekend, but I live every day for Christ. No matter what day of the week it might be, even if there is an event that I'm excited about, I live everyday for Christ. This teaches me that everyday is special. We only have one time to live and then eternity. So live life for Christ, and you will be able to enjoy, not endure day to day,even if you hate your job. It will get better. 

Today I wanted to talk to you about being hungry. How hungry are you for Christ? Is He the one the drives you or do other things drive you? This question can only be answered by you. 


Matthew 5:6 (The Message)

"You're blessed when you've worked up a good appetite for God. He's food and drink in the best meal you'll ever eat."

I like the way The Message bible puts it. We must work up an appetite for God. It's like this. If I tell my wife were going  out to eat, she will want to know where we are going. She does this because she wants to work up an appetite for what she is going to be eating. If I decide to change restaurants, even if she likes the other restaurant too, she will tell me "Mark I have already begun to dream about what I am going to order and what I a going to drink even maybe where she is going to sit, if we have been there before." You see, she began to hunger for what see had tasted or had heard about that restaurant. When you hunger for God, we must begin to remember how you felt after read you bible. The last service you were in where God's presence completing surrounded you and even though things were not altogether, you knew it was going to work out. When we hunger and thirst for God, then we will do like my wife and get excited and anticipate the meal that is going to be served. 

God Bless,

Pastor Mark 

1 comment:

  1. How hungry am I for Christ? This is a great question and I am glad that you asked b/c I am truly hungry each day for God. He has so much for us and we have to be so grateful for everything he has for our lives. He drives us to continue on and seek him First in all that we do. He drives our emotions and brings us joy, he drives our finances and makes a way, he drives our lives from disaster and protects us. How can we not allow God to drive us each day. Awesome blog Pastor!!

    ReplyDelete